A confident smile has the ability to change how you see yourself and how others see and feel about you. Despite the fact that teeth whitening is a cosmetic dentistry procedure, it has long-term repercussions that will impact your daily life. As a result, many patients opt for teeth whitening in order to boost their self-esteem. However, not all whitening treatments are acceptable for everyone. In any case, consult your dentist to see if you’re a good candidate for treatment.
Do you realize that our way of life, the foods we eat, and the beverages we consume can all contribute to tooth discoloration? Degeneration may begin gradually and go unnoticed unless you need to appear your best for a special occasion or the color darkens significantly.
Some of the most prevalent causes of stained or yellowed teeth includes:
- Sugary foods can encourage bacterial growth and discoloration of the teeth.
- Tobacco usage, such as smoking
- Poor oral hygiene, such as not brushing, flossing, or rinsing thoroughly enough to eliminate plaque and stain-causing chemicals.
- Radiation and chemotherapy, for example, are two diseases that impact enamel and dentin.
- Antibiotics and some blood pressure medications, for example.
- Aging – As you get older, your teeth’s outer layer of enamel peels away, revealing the natural color of dentin.
There are two forms of stains on teeth are extrinsic and intrinsic stains. Extrinsic stains appear on the surface of your teeth, but intrinsic stains live between the microcracks in your enamel and deep within your dentin (the layer of your tooth underneath your enamel). Whitening toothpastes and mouth rinses might help eliminate some extrinsic stains from your teeth. Only teeth whitening procedures, on the other hand, can remove both stubborn external stains and unsightly intrinsic stains that cause discolouration. Teeth whitening is a non-invasive dental procedure that can improve the appearance of your smile in a matter of minutes.
Choose our in-chair whitening procedure if you want speedy whitening results or if you have a big event coming up. We have a chemically activated whitening treatment that does not make you hot when exposed to bright light and contains potassium nitrate and fluoride (PF) to keep your enamel healthy while you whiten. As a result, your smile will become brighter and whiter immediately away. Our best dentist will look after you while this is going on, so you can relax and enjoy whatever you’re doing.
You can use the take home whitening formula, which does not require any light, if you like. Simply place the whitening gel in your custom-fit whitening trays, which include potassium nitrate and fluoride (PF) to help keep enamel healthy while whitening, and sleep with them in place. Repeat this method for one to two weeks for the greatest effects. Your dentist will walk you through each stage and provide you with a care sheet.
After teeth whitening, you should follow these preventive tips to help maintain your beautiful white smile. Avoid foods with colors, especially dark ones, because they may discolor your teeth. Also, avoid drinking beverages that are either too hot or too cold because your teeth are still sensitive and prone to toothaches. Don’t smoke or use tobacco. Brushing and flossing your teeth on a regular basis will assist in maintaining a clean, healthy, and stain-free mouth.
Teeth whitening is, as we all know, a popular cosmetic procedure in today’s society. It’s a common working-class pastime, but because it’s so expensive, it’s only available to the wealthy and famous. As a result, we’ve compiled a list of useful hints.
To preserve whiter teeth, it’s impossible to eliminate all tooth-staining foods. Instead, there are a few additional behaviors or simple tips to keep in mind if you want to avoid staining your teeth, including:
- Smoking and tobacco use are major contributors to tooth discoloration. These habits should be avoided to the greatest extent possible.
- After each cup of tea or coffee, rinse your mouth well with plain water.
- You can use a straw to sip fruit juices, a glass of red wine, or fizzy drinks. This keeps your teeth from coming into touch with the liquid, preventing discoloration!
- Your mouth becomes acidic when you eat acidic meals or consume too much sugar. The acids eat away at the enamel of the teeth, making them more susceptible to discoloration and loss of luster.
- Sugarless chewing gums are beneficial to dental health since they help to neutralize mouth acids.
- Foods that stimulate saliva production, such as beans, spinach, and other leafy greens, assist to produce more saliva, which is used to washing and cleaning your teeth.
- If you have a habit of grinding your teeth, stop doing so or get treatment. Continuous clenching wears away the enamel, resulting in yellowing teeth.
- Maintaining good oral hygiene is important not just for maintaining oral health but also for reducing the accumulation of stains and food particles that can lead to tooth decay.
- Brushing your teeth with baking soda at least once a month is another fantastic home remedy for keeping your teeth white.
Whether we use natural or home remedies in our daily routine maintenance to keep our teeth whitened, it is still important to get advice from our dentist. We must also protect ourselves so that we do not endanger our teeth, as having a healthy set of teeth is one of the most common ways to describe a person.
It’s critical to find a dentist clinic you can trust, as well as one that’s skilled, talented, and professional. Where can you discover a lovely, relaxing and tranquil dental clinic that also provides cutting-edge dental care? The only place where you can acquire it is at Lumina Dental Ultimo. So what exactly are you waiting for? Make an appointment with us, and you will certainly benefit from teeth whitening in Sydney with our painless dental treatment, which will result in stunning smile for everyone.