Emergency dental care is indispensable in case of dental emergencies. Emergency dental care is required when you face dental emergencies, usually due to an accident or injury. The major indication of a dental emergency is severe pain in the tooth or surrounding tissue.
You can try a telehealth health provider like Teledentistry for 24-hour urgent dental care in Phoenix side. Teledentistry has 24-hour services for all your dental emergencies. You can get emergency dental consultations and referrals to your local dentists. Moreover, they accept almost all medical insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
What Is A Dental Emergency?
A dental emergency is a serious issue involving teeth and other areas of the mouth that need to be treated by a dental professional, usually a dentist. Sometimes, dental emergencies can occur without any pain, which is why it is important to be careful. Pain in teeth and gums is, however, the most important indication of a dental emergency.
The sensation of pain can arise anywhere in the mouth, either from the tooth or the tissues and nerves around it. The professional usually treats the patient depending on the severity of the pain felt. He then tries to understand the likely cause. Treatment is different for different dental emergencies.
Numerous types of dental emergencies can occur. Some of the most common forms of dental emergencies are discussed below.
Dental fractures can be partial or whole. This is usually the cause of an accident leading to knocked-out or broken teeth. These can occur on the tooth or even on the bone surrounding the tooth. Dental trauma or fractures are dental emergencies as they affect the look of your face, your eating habits, and also pronunciation. Thus, these need to be treated as soon as possible. Professionals recommend dental restoration in such cases.
Injuries may sometimes lead to bacterial or fungal infections in your tooth, gums, and surrounding tissue. This dental emergency may slowly affect different parts of the mouth. Treatment involves getting rid of the infected tissue, followed by restoration of the tooth and other parts.
A tooth abscess is another dental emergency that needs immediate attention to get rid of infected teeth and other tissue. Dental emergencies that are not treated on time usually lead to the decay of teeth and surrounding tissue over time, affecting oral health.
Gum bleeding is often considered a dental emergency as it indicates some serious oral diseases. Gum bleeding can indicate conditions such as Scurvy due to a deficiency of Vitamin C, Vitamin K deficiency, hormonal changes, etc. It is best to get them checked at the earliest.
Cavities can be considered dental emergencies depending on their severity. Some cavities can stay hidden without any pain or discomfort. Others produce sharp pain in the tooth canal, often leading to sensitivity and the loss of appetite. Thus, any kind of dental pain must be considered an emergency and checked by a professional. Cavities that are untreated for a long time can affect other teeth, leading to bad oral health over time.
It is important that dental emergencies are treated by experts in the field of dental care so that oral health is maintained and teeth can be restored.
How To Find A Dentist For Emergency Dental Care Through Teledentistry
The best way to find a great emergency dentist is by visiting Teledentistry’s online dental services. Teledentistry has numerous services for all kinds of dental emergencies. A few easy steps connect you to dentists whom you can consult online from the comfort of your home. The online consultations are backed by proper prescriptions and also recommendations to the best emergency dentists in your vicinity. You can also be assured that your medical insurance is covered, as Teledentistry accepts almost all health insurance, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Firstly, you would need to select your insurer after you click on “Get Started” on Teledensity.com. They accept almost all major insurers. However, if you do not find your insurer on the list, you can choose the reimbursement mode of the insurance claim.
- Next, you would need to fill out the online form. Details such as age, sex, location, and type of discomfort must be provided.
- You can also take some pictures of the area of discomfort. However, this is completely optional.
- Teledentistry will then connect you to a suitable dental professional based on your needs and location. You can consult the professional via video calls. If needs be, the professional might advise you to visit a nearby clinic.
Things To Keep In Mind Before Choosing A Dental Professional
Finding the right emergency dentist is not difficult; it takes some work. The best way to find an emergency dentist that works for you is to follow a stepwise method. This will help you to find the best one for you.
- The most important thing to note is whether the dentist is located close to your home. This is because a local dentist can be visited during emergencies, and the long waiting hour in emergency rooms of hospitals can be avoided.
- Once you find a dentist you are happy with, there are other things to consider. These include the comfort of communication, the clinic’s operating hours, checking whether your insurance is covered by the clinic, etc. You must be comfortable communicating with your dentist. Checking the insurance coverage is of utmost importance to avoid misunderstandings later on during dental emergencies.
- The final thing to note when looking for an emergency dentist is whether the clinic or the dentist provides all types of dental treatments. Look for a dentist that provides all types of dental services so as to be best prepared in case of dental emergencies. Also, it is a good idea to look for dental clinics with more than a single dentist operating to ensure that the clinic stays open for longer periods during the day. Make sure that they are reachable by phone and accept appointments 24*7.